Saturday 12 May 2012

Isabella,MBGN 2012 WINNER TELLS AGBANI DAREGO TO WATCH OUT


Isabella Ayuk
Isabella Ayuk and Damiete Charles-Granville, the winner and first runner-up of the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria 2012 pageant, respectively about their plans for the future

Why I participated in the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria pageant three times
I am from Cross River State. I represented my state in the pageant. It was fun and interesting. When I was going into the competition, I had a mindset. I was aiming for the crown and nothing was going to stop me. This is the third time I have participated in the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria pageant. The first time was in 2010. I was among the top 10 contestants and I was voted the contestant with the best traditional costume. The second time was in 2011. I was among the top 15. It wasn’t as if I performed any magic to emerge as the winner this time. I just had to be myself and I had to learn more about how to do the catwalk and how to project myself. I would say I didn’t do those things the last time I contested. It wasn’t as if winning a beauty contest was a do-or-die affair for me, but I had to fulfill my dream. I was so excited when I was announced the winner. I was stunned and I started crying. Finally, all the years I have competed for the crown finally paid off.
Project I would do during  my reign
I am leading a campaign against typhoid fever. I educate the public on the dangers of typhoid fever.  My sister died of the disease and I know that millions of Nigerians have suffered the same fate. I won the Miss South-South pageant in 2009. I was able to carry out this campaign just in the South-South region. But the MBGN is a huge platform that will afford me the opportunity to reach out to many people.  I toured some villages and I educated the people on the hazards of drinking untreated water. I taught them the necessity of drinking boiled water. I am a graduate of business administration from the University of Calabar, but it hasn’t stopped me from doing what I love doing. This is my passion.
My love for widows
I do things for widows because of the experiences I have had in life. My mum is a widow. I lost my father 15 years ago. He was assassinated. He probably was popular in my home state, but I don’t think he was that popular outside the state. He was a politician. I was very young then. I learnt some men came into the office and they told him to walk towards his car and then, they shot him three times at the back. He died before they could take him to the hospital. My mother didn’t remarry. It was just by the grace of God that she was able to train us. I am from a very large family. My father had many wives and concubines, who also had children for him. I have been doing things for widows before now. I started doing it when I won the Miss South-South pageant. I distribute foodstuff for them and I set up businesses for them. I went as far as renovating their houses for them, especially those living in thatched houses. I even send their children to school. I get funds from people to do all this. I have a non-governmental organisation and I use it to raise funds.
Growing up
It was fun growing up in a large family. My father treated us to  fun. I didn’t have any problem with anybody. My dad ensured that we loved one another. But I still can’t get over losing my sister. It was a sad experience. We were treating her for other things and we didn’t know she had typhoid fever. When we got to know about it, the doctor said the sickness had already eaten deep into her. That is why I am going to take this campaign against typhoid very seriously.
The same lifestyle
Nothing is going to change about me now that I have won the MBGN crown. I am very down-to-earth, humble and quiet. I am a very shy person, but when I am in front of people, I become self-confident. I really don’t know where it comes from.
How much I spent to become Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria
I spent N70, 000 to make the traditional attire I used at the pageant. As for the evening dresses, I had to use my old clothes that I used during previous pageants.
Going for Miss World pageant
I am going to represent Nigeria in the Miss World beauty pageant. I don’t like to talk too much. I know who I am. All I can say is for you to watch out for me. I intend to follow the footsteps of Agbani Darego who did it the last time.
Relationships
I don’t have a boyfriend. Of course, I know I am going to have so many admirers. But I know that my pet project would be my boyfriend for now at least in the next one year. When I drop the crown, we would see how it goes.
My vision
I hope to come out with a fashion design label. I want to be a role model to younger Nigerians. As for my projects, I don’t see myself stopping. I would only stop if typhoid is eventually eradicated in Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...