Thursday 12 April 2012

True Health Confession: "I Was Raped, and Here's What I Want Every Woman to Know"


April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month and one writer is speaking out about being raped seven years ago. Here's what she wants to share about her experience...
0412-rape-vg.jpg
BlissTree writer Ava Krizevcan bravely shares her story of being raped seven years ago here. She explains why she didn't report the crime and how her life spiraled downward as a result. And now, a mother of a young girl, she has this to say to every woman:

"This month is Sexual Assault Awareness Month," she writes. "And while I hope that no one reading this post will ever be faced with this choice, I also want to tell people not to make the same mistake I did. Don’t let your fear keep you from standing up for yourself. Every time we put a rapist behind bars, we make the world a little safer for those who come after us. I wish I would’ve come forward seven years ago, instead of waiting almost a decade before I could open up and share my story. Wherever those three people are now, I hope that their next victim was stronger than I was and made them pay for their crimes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...