Thursday 23 February 2012

WWE’s CM Punk Challenges Chris Brown to Wrestling Match

There are lots of people who have voiced their unhappiness with the reunion of Rihanna and Chris Brown, but one has been louder than the rest: WWE heavyweight champion CM Punk. The wrestler has challenged Brown to a match in the ring "to fight somebody that can defend themselves," he tweeted on Sunday. The R&B singer, 22, responded in typical fashion -- by going on a Twitter rant accusing CM Punk, 33, of being on steroids and not being able to function sexually. In a follow-up tweet, Brown sarcastically added, "contact my assistant and I'll have em send u an autographed pic for my biggest FAN!!!" And just like all of his offensive tweets before, these both were soon deleted.
Chris Brown (C Flanigan/WireImage)CM Punk (Don Arnold/WireImage)
 
But it didn't erase the anger that Brown's steroid comment stirred up in CM Punk, who has proudly boasted throughout his career he has never touched drugs or alcohol and even has "Drug Free" tattooed across his knuckles. In a video he posted on his Twitter page Tuesday, CM Punk (real name: Phillip Brooks) defended himself against Brown's accusations and once again invited him to meet him in the ring.
Rihanna (Samir Hussein/Getty Images)
Rihanna
I'm a life-long proud straightedge individual, so Chris and I come from two completely different worlds," he began in the two-minute video. "In my world, women are to be revered and respected. I firmly believe in this life there are consequences and repercussions for people's actions, and I don't think Chris has paid for what he's done. Picking up trash on the side of the highway does not make amends for repeatedly striking a woman in her face and sending her to a hospital. So Chris wants to throw stones my way now and I say that's fine, but put some gloves on and get in the ring. I will choke you out, and I will make you feel as weak and as powerless and scared and alone as any woman who has had the misfortune of knowing the sad cowardly little boy such as yourself. All proceeds can go to a woman's shelter of my choosing … But I'm a realist and I know none of these things will happen because Chris Brown isn't a man, and that's fine. I just know that someday, somewhere, somehow somebody will put Chris Brown exactly where he belongs and … I would just really like it to be …" and that's where the video cuts off.
Soon after CM Punk's video aired, Brown retorted, saying the "funny part" was that he doesn't know who the world-famous wrestler is "and could give a s--t." The singer has yet to delete that tweet, perhaps because it was immediately followed up with another telling fans to go to iTunes and spend their money on his new album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...