Thursday, 1 August 2013


A Chinese woman has been killed by her iPhone, the 23 year old died after she was electrocuted when she answered her iPhone. The phone was plugged into the wall charging at the time, when the lady named as Ma Ailun answered the call.

According to Ma Ailun brothers, the handset had been bought from an official iPhone store and was not a fake device. He said that the device had been to Chinese authorities for examination. There are many fake handsets and chargers on sale in China, with many faults which could be dangerous.

Many people were alerted to the former flight attendants death who was due to be married later on in the year when her sister posted a warning on the internet:

‘Ma collapsed and died, while using her charging iPhone I want to warn everyone else not to make phone calls when your mobile phone is recharging,’

The news spread like wildfire across the internet, which is thought to be another blow to Apples reputation in China and the world after numerous bad press articles.

There are a number of theories on why poor Ma Ailun was electrocuted through her iPhone, including a faulty charger, poor wiring in her home and excessive temperatures damaging wires, although death by electrocution from a charging phone is extremely rare.

Apple said in a statement: “We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family. We will fully investigate and co-operate with authorities in this matter.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...