SHOCKING AND REAL LIFE STORIES * JUICY GOSSIP*CELEBRITY INTERVIEWS* FASHION *HEALTH AND SPORT
Monday, 24 June 2013
Shocking!!!!!!Candle Kills 17-Yr-Old Mother And Son and leave husband with severe burn in Teshi Nungua,Ghana
A 17-year-old nursing mother and her seven-month-old baby boy lost their lives in a fire that gutted their wooden structure home at Nungua early Sunday morning.
The little boy identified as Akun Adotey was burnt to ashes while his mother, Comfort Osei, died later on arrival at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital.
The fire was said to have been sparked by a candle lit by the couple in their wooden apartment on Saturday night after a power outage. However, this statement has been challenged by a relative who said they had been without light for the past three months.
Seth Adotey, husband of Comfort and father of little Akun Adotey, sustained burns and is receiving treatment at Korle Bu.
Narrating the story to Daily Guide, Superintendent Frank Adufati, Accra Regional Crime Officer said the incident occurred around 4:30am on Sunday morning when everybody was asleep.
Seth Adotey lived in that wooden structure with his wife comfort, and their seven-month old baby boy.The three were sleeping when the fire razed the structure including household items like fridge, a set of furniture, a standing fun, television set, bed and some clothing.
The cause of fire is not yet known but residents suspected it may have started by candle. The little boy has since been buried by the family.
Meanwhile, Seth Adotey is still on admission at the Korle Bu Burns Centre.
Gifty Selby, a niece of Seth Adotey in an interview with Daily Guide said the fire was caused by a candle which was lit by the couple the previous night. Gifty said the couple once had electricity in their apartment but they were disconnected three months ago and so they resorted to the use of candle each night.
Around 4:30am we heard shouts for help coming from the wooden apartment of the couple so we all rushed out to help put out the fire.
Seth Adotey was the first person to be rescued by neighbours and rushed to Korle Bu. Comfort on the other hand came out of the fire but she went inside the fire again in search of her son.
When she was finally rescued, her hands and legs were all burnt.
After finally putting out the fire, the charred body of little Akun was discovered. Akun was immediately buried after a report was lodged with the Nungua District Police Command.