Sunday 10 June 2012

NDLEA arrests Tailor with N29m worth of cocaine


The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested a 41-year-old Lagos tailor, Olowe Moshood Adebesin, for allegedly smuggling  2.7kg of cocaine valued at N29 million into the country.  According to a statement from the Agency signed by it’s spokesman, Mr Mitchell Ofoyeju, the suspect was arrested on arrival from Brazil at the Murtala on Thursday.

The substance was discovered in his luggage during the inward screening of passengers on a Turkish Airline flight.
Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, who warned drug traffickers of the consequences of the criminal act says ” The suspect is only being greedy and he will face the consequences of his action. He should have weighed the gravity of the offence because the family he loves and seeks to protect, same he had abandoned today’.
So far,  the suspect has opened up, claiming ownership of the drug. ‘I am a tailor at Lagos Island…the people that sponsored me promised to pay me N2m. I agreed to smuggle the drugs because the money will change my life… My intention was to start importing clothes from China with the money but I was not lucky’.

I am sure he thought bringing it in would be better,its either hardwork or jall for all you lazy ass,life destroyer andthose duping and using people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...